Friday, April 29, 2016

Fellow Author Friday ~ Lisette Kristensen



Please welcome the lovely Lisette Kristensen to the blog! 

When and how did you decide to become a writer?

I’ve always had a vivid imagination and fascinated with the “what if” idea relating to events.  The challenge I imposed on myself was the fear of the English language. All through school English was hard, not the reading part, the composition part. None of it made sense. To this day, I’m a grammar slob and the rules of the road of writing is Greek to me.  So the idea of ever writing was a dream. I ignored it for years. Then a friend threw down the gauntlet and dared me to put a story on paper.  I wrote a short story, Unveiling Façade, and then sold it to a small press.  (The rights reverted back to me and I self-published it). After I sold the story in 2009, I didn’t write anymore.  That same friend bugged me for years about writing and finally dove back in again.   This time I’m more comfortable with my weakness and focus on the story telling.

Where do you get inspiration for your stories?

Other writers.   I read a great deal inside and outside of my genre.  Writers like Stacia Kane and Jacqueline Carey inspire me with theor character development.   Jeanna Pride and Casey Cane in how to weave sexuality through a character’s trials.  July Cumming for showing sex in a different twisted angle.  They inspire me to think differently, to take chances.

What makes you unique as a writer? What sets you apart?

I never thought of myself unique. If I had to chose one, I would say I’m a thematic writer.  Meaning I focus more on the theme than characters, background etc.  Currently, I am into the woman flawed internally, that through unlocking the darkness within her frees her from those flaws.  I think that approach set’s me apart somewhat.  My stories are about the journey of inner freedom by traveling down some seriously dark sexual experiences.  Like a reviewer said to me, you write a surreal fantasy in a real life context.

Where can we learn more about you?




 E-mail:  facade1250@gmail.com




1 comment: