Wednesday, September 19, 2012

losing steam

I finished chapter 11 last night.

I'm not thrilled with it.  I'm waiting to hear what my two readers think of it before overhauling it altogether but I think it's going to require quite a bit of editing.

I am plugging away but I'm not feeling exceptionally inspired.  This chapter was a bridge chapter.  The main character's love interest was away for the holidays so she spent a lot of time "reflecting."  Chapter 12 will be a lot more activity.

I'm feeling rather blah in general, to be honest.  It might be time to take a few days off from writing and concentrate on some work projects.  I had some great momentum for a couple of weeks. 

I wondered if other writers out there force it when they're not feeling it, or if you prefer to step away for a bit and come back when you're feeling more motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment