Thursday, July 17, 2014

three and a half years and I'm still optimistic

I've shared with many of you how the Mountains Series is a metaphor for my relationship with my partner. Like James and Sarah, my partner and I met for coffee at a joint that was my inspiration for Java the Hut in Mountains Wanted, the main difference being it was our first time meeting in person. Our first date was exactly three and a half years ago today. Combing my aff blog for posts for Unlaced: A Second Coming of Age, I came across the post I wrote the day after I met him.

Here it is:

January 18, 2011
optimistic


I think I must be like a cat in heat, emitting some sort of cyber-signal that I need fucked. In the past few days, I've gotten tons of emails, met one new person for coffee, set up two playdates, and gotten multiple texts from old FWB's expressing interest in getting together. How can I go months without having any playdates and then all the sudden everyone wants to play THIS WEEK?

It always happens this way! Feast or famine. Flood or drought. Never fails.

I was thinking about how I've had another long period of time during which I haven't blogged about sex. Last time I noticed this trend, I was encouraged by my readers to share some of my adventures. Well, you have to actually be *having* adventures to share them!

I was hoping for a great story from the swing club on Saturday, but I'm going to be honest, I wasn't feeling it. Not feeling it seemed to be the theme of last week. It was great to see my friends and I had a good time, but after 3 hours, I started developing a headache and frankly, I was kind of bored. So we left.

I got in the car and checked my phone. A friend had left a text that basically said, "I want you." And that seemed to be the catalyst for the rest of the interactions I've had in the past 4 days.

I'm not complaining though! I'm trying to be optimistic, but keeping my expectations low so I don't set myself up for disappointment, especially with the new guy I met yesterday, who seems to be exactly what I've been looking for. Isn't that the finest line? Which side of it do you walk on? 


No comments:

Post a Comment