Thursday, December 31, 2015

6 Things That Will Not Change in 2016

When we're on the threshold of a new year, everyone is caught up on things they want to change about themselves. They want to be thinner, healthier, richer, happier, etc. It's not that I don't see the value of self-improvement, but I also think it's important to recognize the things you got right in the previous year. That's why I'm posting this list of things that will NOT change in 2016:

1. I'm still going to be a kick-ass mom to three ridiculously smart and handsome sons and three feline fur-babies (and maybe more by the end of 2016).

2. I'm still going to be in love with an amazing man and strive to be the best wife I can be.

3. I'm once again going to publish two incredible novels that will engage and entertain a wide variety of readers while not always pleasing every taste because THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE (have to remind myself that!)

4. When I feel so moved, I'm going to write sometimes hilarious, sometimes poignant, sometimes sexy and sometimes thought-provoking blog content.

5. Also when I feel so moved, I'm going to indulge my exhibitionist streak by sharing photos of myself in which I feel sexy, desirable and beautiful.

6. I'm going to continue to reject society's outdated, misogynistic mandate that women suppress their sexual urges. I will have sex with whomever I want whenever I want and I will not feel ashamed or guilty about it.. In doing so, I will send the bold and glaring message of FUCK YOU to slut-shamers and misogynistic asshats the world over.

What do you resolve not to change in 2016?

1 comment:

  1. I personally look forward to all that you share in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete