Thursday, September 13, 2012

heading toward 50K



I finished Chapter Ten last night which culminates in a threesome scene.  Most of the erotica I've written has been based on real life experience so writing something "from scratch" is definitely less charted territory, especially a group sex scenario.  But I think I worked it out.  The draft is pretty rough but with a little editing and if I can get my descriptive vocabulary groove on, I can totally pimp it out. 

I did a word count check and I'm nearing 50K.  I think I mentioned in the last post that I'm a Quantifier.  I like to count things, track things, analyze trends.  I just fucking love data, what can I say?  I looked at my outline for the next 8 chapters (which could possibly be where I end it) and if they average 4000 words each (mine have actually been averaging more like 4500-5000) then we're looking at 80K+ for the finished product.  So I guess that means I am about 5/8 of the way done.

It's hard to believe that I just started writing in earnest 2 months ago.  Oh, and that I have a fulltime job.  I guess it just goes to show that when you are really passionate about something, you can achieve so much more.  I'm hoping to finish the draft by Christmas.

My friend's favorite line from the threesome scene last night (sent it to him for...ummm...inspiration?) involved the phrase "pearlescent nectar."  Yeah, it has a certain ring to it, doesn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment