Tuesday, December 3, 2013

whims and ventures

It's been almost 9 months now since I left the adult site where I used to blog. I have only been back once or twice since then, but not in any substantive way. I read a blog here or there but didn't really check in on all my former blogging comrades. Tonight my lover is working and I'm home alone and a little bored and nostalgic (bad combo!) I should be writing - and actually after about a month hiatus, I promised myself that I would get back to Fisher of Men tonight but I am cruising the blogs instead.

I decided to message five or six bloggers I recognized from the first page of posts. It's been months since I've communicated with them and I introduced myself (I'm using a different profile) by the moniker by which I was known during most of my time there. I hope nine months isn't so long that I've been erased from their memories.

I was considering what I would want my former blog readers to know about what has become of me in the nine months since leaving the site.

I think first and foremost I would want them to know that I'm happy.

I'd want them to know that the impossible is possible, and that fighting for love was the right choice all along. I know they all remember the struggles I went through watching my lover torn between me and his ex-fiancee. I know they all worried about my heart being broken and whether or not he was good for me.

In June, as I was finishing the last chapter of Mountains Climbed, crafting the HEA I didn't think I would ever get, my own potential HEA was shaping up.

He chose me.

I still don't have any long term guarantees, but as we all know, promises aren't guarantees anyway. I have a roof over my head, a roof that belongs to him. And that's all that matters right now.

Professionally speaking, have published three novels in the last year and am working on my fourth. I'm still job hunting (not very seriously but plan to get down to serious business on that directly...it's just that being limited geographically means I'm going to have to search outside of my field.)

Do I still dream about marrying my lover and becoming a full-time successful author? Yes, but all that could still be ahead for all I know. For now, I have what I need and I am finishing 2013 way happier than I began it. And that's what I'm focusing on for now.


3 comments:

  1. Very glad to hear things are going well, that 2013 is ending better than it began and dreams can become reality! Looking forward to your next book.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, the most important thing is that you are happy. The other site? I rather not say how I really feel about that place. lol Have fun, enjoy life, and keep writing! Happy holidays!

    NINJA ZX-14 Motovlog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks aaaa and Kofla! I hope you both have a wonderful holiday season :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete