Wednesday, June 4, 2014

a long time coming

It's nearly dusk on a lovely evening in early June. Last year at this time I was getting ready to finish Mountains Climbed and my whole world was topsy-turvy. This year, for the first time in several, I'm feeling clear-headed and on a fucking mission. I know where I'm going to be living, with whom I'll be living, and what the hell I will be doing with my life. And that is AWESOME!

I just hit publish on Fisher of Men. Tomorrow you can go onto Amazon and it will be there, and you can buy it. I hope you will.

But here's the deal, a pretty big announcement. Some of you have known for a long time, but many do not. I write under another pseudonym, K.L. Montgomery. I published a book last fall entitled Green Castles and it was recently named #31 on the 50 Self-Published Books Worth Reading 2013/14 List.

Here's the list: http://www.indieauthorland.com/the-50-self-published-books-worth-reading-2013-14/
And here's the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Castles-ebook/dp/B00F9KRBQM/

If you like my writing you should check it out. There's not gratuitous sex but it is a pretty damn good story if I do say so myself.

For a long while, I wanted to separate my erotica pseudonym from what my other pseudonym because I wanted to spare my family's hearts from finding out that I have such a dirty/kinky side. I've recently learned that despite my best efforts, my secret has been discovered. I'm really not much for secrets nor pretending to be someone I'm not, so fuck it, I'm just letting it all now, consequences be damned.

And also because I want to talk about my next couple of projects in one big blog post.

First, I'll be publishing a compilation of blog posts I've written from my adult site blog and also a couple of other places I've blogged. It will be called Unlaced: A Second Coming of Age. Here's the description:

Most women experience a series of typical rites of passage in their late teens and early twenties: losing their virginity, gaining independence from their parents, embarking upon careers, and often getting married and having babies. But some women also undergo a second coming of age in their thirties and forties, during which they discover their true selves and embrace their place in the world.
Phoebe Alexander found herself on the threshold of her second coming of age in her early thirties when she finally recognized her identity was much more than just wife, mother, professional, and churchgoer. After an affair, opening her marriage and exploring a playground of sexual fantasy, she eventually found her voice as a blogger on the largest adult site in the world. In four years of blogging, she amassed a large readership that followed her adventures and journey toward self-discovery and acceptance, which culminated in the publication of her first erotic romance novel in 2012.
In Unlaced: A Second Coming of Age, Phoebe's journey is documented through a series of blog posts that reveal her extraordinary encounters along with her deepest, darkest inner thoughts as she works toward reconciling her faith, motherhood, and body image with her newly found desire for sexual liberation. 

After that I will use my K.L. Montgomery moniker to publish a book that draws heavily on my experiences with dieting, body dysmorphic disorder, eating disorders and obesity. It will be fictional, set in coastal Delaware and will be called Fat Girl. I hope to publish it in late 2014/early 2015.

And THEN, I will finally write the last book of the Mountains Series, Mountains Loved, due out in mid 2015.

So there you have it, my next year all laid out before you. I can't tell you how amazing it feels to know where I'm heading! Thank you for taking this journey with me, and I hope you enjoy Fisher of Men! 

PS. Leave reviews. Pretty please!


No comments:

Post a Comment